Contenu
English (United Kingdom)French (Fr)Deutsch (DE-CH-AT)
Rechercher
Login
Qui est en ligne?
Nous avons 488 invités en ligne
Navigation
Home Forum
Les plus récents
Articles vedettes
Joomla 1.5 Featured Articles
Navigation
Home Forum
English (United Kingdom)French (Fr)Deutsch (DE-CH-AT)
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Flight Back: The Aftermath of Samuel Dravis + Vengeance - My D4
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Discuss your level designs, ideas for new levels/missions, projects, or just simple visions. Almost everything is welcome here as long as it's at least half-way related to Descent 3.
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Flight Back: The Aftermath of Samuel Dravis + Vengeance - My D4
Flight Back: The Aftermath of Samuel Dravis + Vengeance - My D4 2013-07-26 21:25, 8 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi all

As member from Open Descent Foundation aka ODF, I was their role script writer for their project's storyline, I named the main story Flight Back: The Aftermath of Samuel Dravis and also wrote a mission pack called Flight: Back Vengeance.

You can find my work here at Descent Task Force, where I have protected it from loss:
dtaskforce.forumotion.com/t132-flight-ba...my-role-script-of-d4

Hereby I am giving this to the Descent community and I hope it will be used my a level creator someday for a Descent 3 campaign or Descent 2 campaign for D2X-XL, which will play like a Descent 4.
Well it was my version of it anyways, I copied no one's idea with it, I read the Peter Telep books, Played the campaigns of Descent 1 through 3 and then went to work after where Descent 3 Retribution left off.
So yeah, it's all my own work and own creation, all written by myself, I hope someone here could put it to great use That entire role script took me about 20 weeks in total to write.

Most know me as Obi-Wan Kenobi from the interplay forums and as Holder of The World's Largest Descent/Freespace Collection which also can be found here:
dtaskforce.forumotion.com/t172-meet-the-...ace-collection-xdddd

Many thanks for reading
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2013-07-27 06:10 By Obi-Wan Kenobi.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Flight Back: The Aftermath of Samuel Dravis + Vengeance - My D4 2013-07-27 19:28, 8 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 7
Good work, Tylosaurus. Congrats.

What happened to Flight Back?
Thomas
Thomas
Platinum Boarder
graph

Re: Flight Back: The Aftermath of Samuel Dravis + Vengeance - My D4 2013-07-29 22:57, 8 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Many thanks

As for the ODF< well we lost lots of members and the team kind of fell apart, we were also in need of 3D programmers and other types of programmers, only it seemed we could not find the right people for the job, I also looked around, I just didn't know whot to ask as I was just a collector rofl before all of is came to place haha Everyone just went their own way, the main page is still up btw:

odf.sourceforge.net/about_us.php

The forums are gone, since the project was ending up in a dying state.

This is all what we were able to make in a functional way:
odf.sourceforge.net/downloads.php

Flight back was our masterpiece our version of Descent 4, we needed a storyline but since no one had good experience in role scripting I was able to help here as I was also asked as they knew my background of writing stories for Dungeons & Dragons in my early days in the late 80's.

So I was like sure I would love to give this a go, it's only making a start, I asked there where to begin, some told me to read the Peter Telep books which are these:

Top:
www.3dfx.ch/gallery/d/37170-2/The+3+Desc...+Peter+Telep+top.JPG

Rear:
www.3dfx.ch/gallery/d/37173-2/The+3+Desc...Peter+Telep+rear.JPG

I read those also played the game series of Descent 1, 2 and 3 and that gave me a good lead on what happened and after how D3 ended this was a similar ending in the book Descent Equinox and from there things started to take shape, so I started to write it all down, in a way drafting And that is how it all came to place

After I wrote the intro they all loved it and begged me to continue I really felt good and only wanted to continue and write more and more, at some point I had to make an end to the main campaign and make room for an expansion set which I later named Flight Back Vengeance

After completing my role script and taking out all the typo's and double sentences as I have a Dyslexia issue with my eyes, making tyo's happens frequently and it still does today heh.

They gave me as Gold Leader a place in their wikipedia crew page, but since that is removed also due to that the project fell apart and died off, can't like that here either, so yeah I was happy to have saved my work on what I did there.

After the Open Descent Foundation about one year later ex-Descent Ranger Celestial and I founded Descent Task Force, if no D4 can come from me, a new Descent Community surely will @ Descent Task Force we mainly have top end Map makers , creators and editors, we also play fun games with any Descent game and mod that comes our way not only Descent 1 & 2 with DXX-Rebirth but also D2X-XL & Descent 3 is welcome, we also love playing Minecraft in our free time when we have seen to much Descent action, we are a friendly group and everyone is welcome, Celestial and I are not beta testing our Dedicated Servers for Descent 1 & 2 thereby using DXX_Rebirth 0.57.3 instead of 0.58 due to that 0.58 has lots of instabilities within it, Zico is working on a fix for this

Here our webpage:
dtaskforce.forumotion.com

I hope to see some of the people from here @ the DTF as well, we only have 6 simple and to the point rules, they just basically point out that we want to accept everyone for who they are and insulting people won't get anyone anywhere.

As for recruiting we don't do that all people need to do is go to our webpage register and they are all set good to go

Descent Task Force is the main thing that drives me now, besides my collection. The Descent Rangers are also still active but they require a very strict rule system as they recruit pilots for their scored games, at the DTF we only do fun games it's also less stressful and more fun to us, the DTF does not care about scored games, and having so many rules would only bend the fun of paying the game it's self.

Anyways I hope to see you around also I hope someone can make my version of D4 useful
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Flight Back: The Aftermath of Samuel Dravis + Vengeance - My D4 2013-08-04 17:09, 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 7
Thanks for the detailed explanation and for sharing all this information. I wasn't aware that Flight Back is in that stage. It's a real pity. It sounded so promising at some point.
Thomas
Thomas
Platinum Boarder
graph

Re: Flight Back: The Aftermath of Samuel Dravis + Vengeance - My D4 2013-08-23 12:16, 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: -3
I named the main story Flight Back: The Aftermath of Samuel Dravis and also wrote a mission pack called Flight: Back Vengeance.
xiaomianmian
xiaomianmian
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Flight Back: The Aftermath of Samuel Dravis + Vengeance - My D4 2013-08-23 21:19, 8 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
xiaomianmian wrote:
I named the main story Flight Back: The Aftermath of Samuel Dravis and also wrote a mission pack called Flight: Back Vengeance.
Ugh no you didn't, for starters I never heard of you and the link you gave leads to some odd random forum I never heard of eiher, I have kept my work backed up at my place, please come with pure evidence instead of copying text from my first post
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1