Contenu
English (United Kingdom)French (Fr)Deutsch (DE-CH-AT)
Rechercher
Login
Qui est en ligne?
Nous avons 452 invités en ligne
Navigation
Home Forum
Les plus récents
Articles vedettes
Joomla 1.5 Featured Articles
Navigation
Home Forum
English (United Kingdom)French (Fr)Deutsch (DE-CH-AT)
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

♥ Ships & Co-Op Campaigns? ♥
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Discuss your level designs, ideas for new levels/missions, projects, or just simple visions. Almost everything is welcome here as long as it's at least half-way related to Descent 3.
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: ♥ Ships & Co-Op Campaigns? ♥
♥ Ships & Co-Op Campaigns? ♥ 2011-12-30 18:42, 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
hieee! *^ᴥ^*

My BF and XBF play D3 merc, as do I.
Though they tend to stick to the single player campaign missions mostly. Where as i really want to get into Co-Op play.

The thing is, they, like myself, have played through all the official single player stages often.

We are all sort of hoping to find,

A: More/New vehicles beyond the standard 4!
B: Some Single player Campaigns please!
C: Some Co-Op Campaigns.

Is there some place where things like this can be downloaded as a bundle? When you go to the load stage thing, it's kinda a mess, and hard to sort campaign games from multiplayer CTF for example.

The one thing about Descent Freespace that made me sad, was you couldn't fly around into anything. (Well not without crashing on it! lol) there were no tunnel no trenches no internal death star runs to the core. It was fantastic, accept it was totally impersonal and got boring quickly cause well, your always outside chasing ships in circles, rinse wash repeat.

I like space,
⊚ ~Space!~ ~Were in Space.~
⊚ ~omg omg omg omg omg omg Space!~
But space needs to be flavored with fun tube and den riddled asteroids/ships to fly round inside, or it gets boring fast.
⊚ ~Bored of space, wana go to earth,wana go to earth,wana go to earth!~
⊚ ~Too big, too big, wana go to earth.~

I've heard talk of a Hypersapce campaign ? is there a full campaign missions pack for it some where? or do you have to pick and pluck at it to make it go go go?

Please and thank you to anyone who chats with me on this. ❤

PS: *I heart the Magnum-AHT so much!* it totally has a bunny face! ♫♬❤SQuEak❣❤♪♫ *^⌔^*

♀tbe (''')(/^又^\)(ˌˌˌ)
ThumpieBunnyEve
ThumpieBunnyEve
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2011-12-30 18:45 By ThumpieBunnyEve.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: ♥ Ships & Co-Op Campaigns? ♥ 2011-12-30 22:27, 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 8
In the Windows start menu, you will find a Descent 3 folder, with a shortcuts to "single player and coop" missions and missions set. Except for the AOH mission set you can get it separately here.
Usually, there are some coop servers on to play in, as you can see there game tracker
As far as I know, Hyperspace is not a campaign. It is a serie of multiplayer levels to play assault mode. But they are playable in coop. Hyperspace
Mzero
Mzero
Gold Boarder
graphgraph

Re: ♥ Ships & Co-Op Campaigns? ♥ 2011-12-31 00:53, 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 7
The startmenu folder with single-player missions is only available with the Descent 3 installer from Dateiliste.

The mission "Army of Haloon: The Prototype" is also included in the installer. We've updated it shortly after the mission set had been released. You remember now, Mzero?

Hyperspace is currently not a single-player mission, but it's playable. It hasn't got any goals etc, hence it might be boring after a while.
As far as I remember, Hunter was working on a single and co-op version but gave up a few months ago due to time restraints. Hyperspace is also included in the version of the game from Dateiliste but hasn't got its own icon in the startmenu. I can only strongly recommend to download and install Descent 3 from here. This saves a lot of hassle.

There are no other single-player missions available that the Dateiliste installer doesn't contain, apart from perhaps a few unfinished and unplayable levels.

Some levels of Mercenary are not playable in co-op. You always need the server admin if you'd like to get through the entire mission.
To find servers and join them I'm using Vortex and the Direct IP Launcher (www.dateiliste.com/descent-3/11-tps-tric...e-computer-down.html). It's just a few mouse clicks.

For additional ships, I got to give up on that one. Some levels/missions use different ships, but I'm not aware of "just more ships" for all missions. I don't even think that's possible with Descent 3, but I might be wrong.
Thomas
Thomas
Platinum Boarder
graph

Re: ♥ Ships & Co-Op Campaigns? ♥ 2011-12-31 04:31, 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Thanks boys! And yeppers I'm locked and loaded with the install from dateiliste. It's a fantastic installer!

You said Hyperspace Is included but there's no short cuts to it in the menus?

i looked at the

"Army Of Haloon The Prototype.lnk"

and it has the value

"C:\games\Descent 3\StartSP.exe" -mission AOH_Prototype.mn3"

on my system.

If i wanted to make a shortcut to the hyperspace set (which you said is already installed?) or a mission of it, how would i have to structure a shortcut to it? I'm itching to fly out and see that Black 1x4x9 Monolith that's floating in the green nebula. *^ᴥ^*

But anyway thanks for letting me know it's not a campaign.

While I'm here, I've noticed that you can only bypass the ship and progressive level restriction on single player games, if you've actually beaten the game with that particular pilot. I've a lot of pilots, based on what HID I'm playing with.

Such as my Saitek x45, or my RazorNaga+SaitekStrategicComander+CH_ProPedals , or my p5 Glove and Nostromo. Cause each pilots key config is set for those devices. (Where does she get these wonderful toys!) But that's a whole lot of repeat-play'throughs X_X;

Is there some flag or hex entry, or sneaky trick to allow my pilots to fly (which ever craft//enter whichever level) from the (missionbrief//mainsceen) respectively?

Pleasie thankie as always! *^⌔^*
ThumpieBunnyEve
ThumpieBunnyEve
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011-12-31 04:35 By ThumpieBunnyEve.

Re: ♥ Ships & Co-Op Campaigns? ♥ 2011-12-31 15:10, 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 7
ThumpieBunnyEve wrote:
Thanks boys!You're welcome. Mzero, by the way, is not a boy either.

And yeppers I'm locked and loaded with the install from dateiliste. It's a fantastic installer!Thanks!

You said Hyperspace Is included but there's no short cuts to it in the menus?That's right. You have a software called "Descent 3 Mission Browser". It can be used to find the .mn3 filenames for missions. Basewars for example is hyperspacegenesis.mn3.

If i wanted to make a shortcut to the hyperspace set (which you said is already installed?) or a mission of it, how would i have to structure a shortcut to it? You can take any of the single-player shortcuts as an example and replace its .mn3 file with the one of the mission you'd like the shortcut to be for. The software StartSP is a workaround for an old D3 bug (www.dateiliste.com/descent-3/6-descent-3...-qdescent-3exeq.html). Note that you don't need to download StartSP because you have it already.

While I'm here, I've noticed that you can only bypass the ship and progressive level restriction on single player games, if you've actually beaten the game with that particular pilot. I've a lot of pilots, based on what HID I'm playing with.Yeah, this is an issue. Since the structure of .plt files (pilot files) is not fully known and nowhere documented, I'm afraid there's nothing that can help you out here at the moment. Sorry.

I hope this hasn't got too much of an influence on how you like the game. The only workaround I know of is to replay the missions in question with each pilot.
Thomas
Thomas
Platinum Boarder
graph

Re: ♥ Ships & Co-Op Campaigns? ♥ 2011-12-31 19:52, 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Descent 3\Black Pyro Justice

i clicked a link or 2 in here and Weee! more ships I'd never seen before! but it's not very stable, i crash lots, but I'm happy to see more ships!!! ❤

I'm still trying to get the feel for all this new stuff. I'll agree that the Descent3 burning sun logo menu had a gambit of shortcomings. but all these new separate little files sorta shake me too. stuff hidden in stuff, menu lists that list off name but don't let you run them from there, gosh all sorts of stuff. then again I'm sure it's all better organized then if i had tried to patch the game myself!!

Anyway Black Pyro Justice let me pick new ships! only like 3, but still new! Yahooo!
ThumpieBunnyEve
ThumpieBunnyEve
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: ♥ Ships & Co-Op Campaigns? ♥ 2011-12-31 21:07, 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 7
Actualyy, as far as I remember BP Justice was meant to squeez the Black Pyro from the Mercenary set into standard D3, hence it's perhaps not really a new ship.

But maybe when Aenn reads this he could explain that a bit better.

However, you could give Pyromania a go too. Bear in mind that Descent 3: Retribution is pretty much the only SP mission you can play without too many crashes.
Thomas
Thomas
Platinum Boarder
graph

Re: ♥ Ships & Co-Op Campaigns? ♥ 2012-01-01 16:41, 10 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
BP Justice 1.2 Reference

What is Black Pyro Justice?

It's a simple mod that lets a player choose a Black Pyro even if he doesn't have Mercenary installed.
In addition, three ships are included: Starhawk, Pyro-GX and Blackstar-GS.
All are "light" versions of fighters included in Pyromania. Pyro-GX features standard D3 armament

So 3 ships in addition to the Balck Pyro *^-^*
i w pokeing with one that looked like a raven! *^-^*

As for the level unlocks, can i use the cheat moreclank to get to the last level, use deadofnight to kill off the baddies, then save, reload, and fly to the exit to finish the game for the level unlock? I like the option of picking "Newgame" from the main menu, getting level select, and after the briefing getting the ship select too!

Trixy things i plot! trixy trixy!
ThumpieBunnyEve
ThumpieBunnyEve
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12