Contents
English (United Kingdom)French (Fr)Deutsch (DE-CH-AT)
Search
Login
Who Is Online?
We have 70 guests online
Navigation
Home Forum
Most Recent
Featured Articles
Joomla 1.5 Featured Articles
Navigation
Home Forum
English (United Kingdom)French (Fr)Deutsch (DE-CH-AT)
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

D3Server3 needs new icons and images
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Support forum for the Descent 3 dedicated server tool D3Server3 for Windows (www.dateiliste.com/descent-3/58-descent-...t-3-server-tool.html).

The Descent 3 Server Operator Board is at Descentforum.net (www.descentforum.net/ServerOps). There's also a board to discuss the software's source code.
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: D3Server3 needs new icons and images
D3Server3 needs new icons and images 2014-02-08 08:22, 3 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 7
D3Server3's icon has probably not changed within a very long time.

I'm looking for new icons for the software, and maybe for some other images too.

For example the image shown in D3Server3's About dialog window could benefit from some improvements.

If anyone got any idea or maybe already has got images I could squeeze into the software, please don't hesitate to shove them my way.

This is currently the server tool's main window:

There's some space in the top left corner that currently contains the PXO information. PXO has been down and most likely will never come back. Maybe this space calls for a nice image, too.

Some links

Icon file format:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICO_%28file_format%29

D3Server3:
www.dateiliste.com/descent-3/58-descent-...t-3-server-tool.html
Thomas
Thomas
Platinum Boarder
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2014-02-08 08:35 By Thomas.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: D3Server3 needs new icons and images 2014-02-08 18:27, 3 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
"D3Server3" image is of weak colors.
I like it.
downloader
downloader
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: D3Server3 needs new icons and images 2014-02-16 07:52, 3 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 7
I didn't create that image. It came with the original package when I took it on. I reckon that Martin created it himself by using StarOffice or some similar suite.

I'm not saying the picture's design is not nice but I somehow think it's not up to today's graphics standards.

If someone could create a nicer one this would be highly appreciated.
Thomas
Thomas
Platinum Boarder
graph

Re: D3Server3 needs new icons and images 2014-03-02 04:53, 3 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 7
Just for reference, this is what the main dialog window of D3Server2 looked liked:

Maybe it can give you some inspiration.
Thomas
Thomas
Platinum Boarder
graph
Last Edit: 2014-03-08 15:00 By Thomas.

Re: D3Server3 needs new icons and images 2014-03-02 10:49, 3 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
That's exactly what I dislike
(If would ask my opinion.)
This shiny attractive image keeps some information in it, like : come, take, this product is very important to you.
While it is not so.
That is how advertisement often works.
People buys some product, which is packed very nice.
The product itself might be nothing important, but its package and cost advertises that it is.
The result is : people buys that product, because it is "obviously" good, then tries it, then goes upset, because he understands that the thing he has bought ... ok, lets say it does what was written, but it has no such importantness that the people has imagined to himself.

In total :
More attractive advertisement is - more soon people will take it.
And more soon will find out that they don't need it so much, and that they were cheaten with advertisement.

Same you may see on the style of DXX-Rebirth site : the product is good, yes (or relatively good ), but the brightness of style makes at once me think that someone is trying to cheat me and force me to take a low quality product.
alexi
alexi
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: D3Server3 needs new icons and images 2014-03-02 15:01, 3 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 7
Well, the next release version of D3Server3 is going to get a number change at the second position. My intention is to make it 3.2 (current is 3.1). (See www.dateiliste.com/forum/19-descent-3-de...=8&start=16#1887 .)

I was hoping to get a new icon (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICO_%28file_format%29) for the software.

It would also be nice to get some more images, for example for the About dialog and/or for www.dateiliste.com/descent-3/58-descent-...tool-for-windws.html .

No one (well, at least I hope so ) is going to sell or trying to sell D3Server3. The software is absolutely useless for someone who's got no intention to host dedicated Descent 3 servers.
Thomas
Thomas
Platinum Boarder
graph

Re: D3Server3 needs new icons and images 2014-03-02 15:51, 3 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
"Sell" here didn't mean to sell
That was an abstract, parallel example.
Shortly saying, I meant that the picture has too bright content.
A tool shouldn't have such.
But that is just IMO.
alexi
alexi
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: D3Server3 needs new icons and images 2014-03-08 14:59, 3 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 7
"Too bright" usually means it should be darker.
Do you mean the application icon or the images used?

You could have a look at the latest beta version (www.dateiliste.com/d3files/tools/D3Serve...3_3.1.11.34_Inst.exe) because it's got many more images than the latest release.

And don't tell me we can't be sure that it doesn't contain malware.
Thomas
Thomas
Platinum Boarder
graph

Go to topPage: 12