Contents
English (United Kingdom)French (Fr)Deutsch (DE-CH-AT)
Search
Login
Who Is Online?
We have 62 guests online
Navigation
Home Forum
Most Recent
Featured Articles
Joomla 1.5 Featured Articles
Navigation
Home Forum
English (United Kingdom)French (Fr)Deutsch (DE-CH-AT)
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

My tutorial for copying and pasting blocks
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Discuss your level designs, ideas for new levels/missions, projects, or just simple visions. Tutorials for creating levels with tools like DMB2, DLE, etc.
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: My tutorial for copying and pasting blocks
My tutorial for copying and pasting blocks 2012-09-01 17:37, 6 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
I've made this tutorial a few years ago. I think most people here know how to deal with the D2 level editor. But maybe the Video useful for some of you, e.g. to educate other people.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=S654OVxYTZ0
sepia
sepia
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: My tutorial for copying and pasting blocks 2012-09-14 00:13, 6 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 2
I think this will come in very useful to help new builders -- bocks are a real time-saver for some styles and methods of level design, and still useful for others. It would definitely help for people used to other games' editors to get used to the "backwards" theory of Descent design.
I don't have time to watch the whole video right now, so I just have to ask this as a question -- do you specifically cover the quick copy and quick paste features in DLE-XP? That's probably the feature of that editor I use the most and it's incredibly handy for small things like doorframes because it's faster than regular blocks -- I don't think DMB has it but I do think it's worth at least pointing out.
And do you mention DLE's extended block format?
Alter-Fox
Alter-Fox
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012-09-14 00:15 By Alter-Fox.

Re: My tutorial for copying and pasting blocks 2012-09-14 12:25, 6 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
I used quick paste and showed in which align the block is pasted and that it depends on the selected point and line during copying and during pasting.

I just showed some basic features.
sepia
sepia
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1