Contents
English (United Kingdom)French (Fr)Deutsch (DE-CH-AT)
Search
Login
Who Is Online?
We have 51 guests online
Navigation
Home Forum
Most Recent
Featured Articles
Joomla 1.5 Featured Articles
Navigation
Home Forum
English (United Kingdom)French (Fr)Deutsch (DE-CH-AT)
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Multiple D3 issues
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Make the game playable. This is the forum counterpart to the patching lab (www.dateiliste.com/descent-3/71-patching-lab.html). Apply and use with care.
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Multiple D3 issues
Multiple D3 issues 2018-07-12 23:23, 8 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 0
Hello, all!! I'll offer up any information you need that might help. D3 loaded just fine (which I got from here), but my two main issues are: A- the joystick not being recognized (Logitech Extreme 3D Pro)and B- a few different graphic issues, like when I'm in the D3 config screen, none of the names of the buttons lines up properly with the buttons. I've tried setting the monitor size with the Command Line (1920 x 1200), then trying 1020 x 756 to try and reduce the size of the graphics on the screen. At the main D3 screen, with the Sun (?) in the background, the bottom 1/3 of the screen flashes randomly, etc. My command line = United States -directinput -framecap 999 -nointro -nooutragelogo -nosparkles -nomotionblur
-width 1024 -height 768 -aspect 1.3 -z32bit (notice the spaces
It's been many years since I played... Should the numbers, say 1024, be directly behind the word?

Also,I've configured my joystick in Windows (7 x86), but when I try to do so in D3, the window doesn't open, and the game crashed another time I tried it. As far as I remember there's no way to do a screenshot of the Config window, or I'd provide a couple. Thanks in advance for your time and assistance. A HUGE shoutout to the Descent crew here running the website and, of course, all of the players, members and lurkers keeping this great game alive.
Descent3guy
Descent3guy
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2018-07-12 23:25 By Descent3guy.Reason: Clarification
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Multiple D3 issues 2018-08-05 12:32, 7 Months, 2 Weeks ago Karma: 7
The spaces are certainly correct.

Did you set the graphics to OpenGL?
Thomas
Thomas
Platinum Boarder
graph

Re: Multiple D3 issues 2018-08-05 12:37, 7 Months, 2 Weeks ago Karma: 7
Oh, sorry. Just noticed that's probaby a duplicate of www.dateiliste.com/forum/14-troubleshoot...tiple-d3-issues.html
Thomas
Thomas
Platinum Boarder
graph

Re: Multiple D3 issues 2018-08-10 05:36, 7 Months, 1 Week ago Karma: 0
yes, setting it to OpenGL did the trick. I've had the game running one night after my original post. Thanks, anyway.
Descent3guy
Descent3guy
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1