Contents
English (United Kingdom)French (Fr)Deutsch (DE-CH-AT)
Search
Login
Who Is Online?
We have 88 guests online
Navigation
Home Forum
Most Recent
Featured Articles
Joomla 1.5 Featured Articles
Navigation
Home Forum
English (United Kingdom)French (Fr)Deutsch (DE-CH-AT)
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Addressing the issue of the boss robots from D1.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Ever wanted to play Descent 1, 2, and Vertigo in a single mission? That's what we're trying to create.
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Addressing the issue of the boss robots from D1.
Re: Addressing the issue of the boss robots from D1. 2010-06-24 04:39, 9 Years ago Karma: 2
As for the secondary lifter and the class 1 driller, D2 just increased the resolution of those sounds, not actually changing the sounds themselves (play Vertigo levels 5 and 13 with 11 khz sounds to see what I mean).

And I actually like the faster version of the driller's sound better.

The miniboss is what I was mostly worried about because you usually hear them before you see them, and it would be deadly to think it was just a Red Fatty Jr.
Alter-Fox
Alter-Fox
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Addressing the issue of the boss robots from D1. 2010-06-24 15:21, 9 Years ago Karma: 5
I agree with the secondary lifter, but the driller's sound plainly sucks. It has lost almost all of its abrasiveness. The Drillers are supposed to scare the shit out of people, and with the new sound they do not.
Xfing
Xfing
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Addressing the issue of the boss robots from D1. 2010-06-24 17:40, 9 Years ago Karma: 2
It's still the same sound though... if I ported it from D1 it would sound the same as it does now... it was probably some bug with the wav file or something that made it increase pitch.
Alter-Fox
Alter-Fox
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123