Contents
English (United Kingdom)French (Fr)Deutsch (DE-CH-AT)
Search
Login
Who Is Online?
We have 120 guests online
Navigation
Home Forum
Most Recent
Featured Articles
Joomla 1.5 Featured Articles
Navigation
Home Forum
English (United Kingdom)French (Fr)Deutsch (DE-CH-AT)
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

The level listing.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Ever wanted to play Descent 1, 2, and Vertigo in a single mission? That's what we're trying to create.
Go to bottomPage: 123456
TOPIC: The level listing.
Re: The level listing. 2010-06-11 00:32, 9 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1
I uploaded a zip file that contains both my submissions to the project (the glitches with first level have all been fixed. I know Xfing is gone for a while, and I'm leaving this weekend. Alterfox, do you think you would be able to look over the full submission h13.hog? If you could give some feedback before I leave, I'd really appreciate it.

Get it here:
www.enspiar.com/dmdb/viewMission.php?id=348
Stroodles
Stroodles
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: The level listing. 2010-06-12 11:15, 9 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 5
Hey there, I'm back. I'll take a look-see on the levels when I catch a breath, the journey was exhausting.
Xfing
Xfing
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: The level listing. 2010-06-12 16:22, 9 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1
That was fast =P.

In other news, you get karma.
Stroodles
Stroodles
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: The level listing. 2010-06-12 23:14, 9 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 5
YOU are the one who's getting karma, Stroodles. I just played through your Umbriel Tholin Mine, and damn this level is good. It's fucking great to be honest, I'm soo impressed. It will definitely make it to the set, oh yes it will. Here are my remarks:

- First and foremost, this level doesn't qualify for the Solar System. You've included quite a lot of restricted weaponry, robots that drop restricted weaponry, plus the texturing itself leans more towards Baloris Prime anyway. We have two ways to proceed here - either you take out all the D2 weaponry out of the level (which would, in all honesty, hurt it), or we just move it to Baloris Prime, you choose the spot yourself. In the latter case, change the yellow boss-like texture in the yellow keycard room to that wavy-sandy one. I'm not a fan of the texture you used anyway, it's kinda too low-resolution to be used on large areas.

- Some textures do still need aligning, and some doors require correction (either they're too big or placed sideways). I'm pretty thorough, so I can take care of it all myself (and I think you'd like the result), but I'm not insisting. Just look more closely on all textures in the mine, part by part, rotate those door textures, fix the doors' dimensions (dammit, but the door textures simply don't look well when stretched in any way) and it'll be alright.

- The robot placement and choice is superb. I'm really glad that almost all of the robots adhere to the theme, and even the select ones that don't fit quite well. I liked your mercury missile platformer a lot, however I have to request that you remove these from the level and replace them with Super Hulks or Class 1 Drillers, at your discretion.

- The difficulty of the level is pretty high, but reasonably so, but please in addition to replacing the mercury platformers (the reason for this is that I'd rather all the robots were chosen from the existing ones), please add in a C1Driller or two in some random passages. A Super Hulk wouldn't hurt either. Other than that, the robot balance is really nice, I've seen some robots I'd sure have liked to see.

- Please visualize all matcens in the mine with the appropriate texture. Invisible matcens are really gimmicky - too gimmicky for Vertigo even. Just put any hint of that purple net wherever there's spawning goin' on.

- Increase the protection of the reactor room. After all I've had to go through to gain access to that room, the guards inside are a tad disappointing. Three Super Hulks with maybe a RedFattyJr or two would spice things up a notch.

- Fix the placement of the hostages and the reactor. I could do it myself of course, if you don't mind.

- Other than that, I've no restrictions or remarks. I also wanted to commend you on the forcefield puzzle, solving it is still pure luck for me. If you could, add the bluish textures whenever there are forcefields present, for the sake of aesthetics.

Good jobe there, man.

PS

Oh, and the music kicks some insane ass too. You're a really talented composer dammit. Sounds like some good melodic deathmetal-influenced electronica. Melikes, a lot.
Xfing
Xfing
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010-06-12 23:18 By Xfing.

Re: The level listing. 2010-06-12 23:48, 9 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1
I'm leaving tommorow morning, so I'll have to make the changes next weekend. Thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it. If you could do the hostages, I'd appreciate that, as I'm terrible with them (you probably noticed in Descend Again). As for the music, I didn't actually compose it so much as download off of some random site hosted by some random guy with some files going "TH3S3 R KEWL" I have plenty more where that came from =P.
Stroodles
Stroodles
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: The level listing. 2010-06-12 23:50, 9 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 5
Ok, so I'll do all the corrections to the level if you don't mind. The credit will be all yours anyway, obviously. Just tell me which Baloris Prime level would you like it to be.
Xfing
Xfing
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: The level listing. 2010-06-12 23:54, 9 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 1
Doesn't matter to me, I'm not sure how you're structuring the difficulty setups. You could just keep it floating until the other Baloris Prime's come in and order them according to difficulty.
Stroodles
Stroodles
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: The level listing. 2010-06-12 23:58, 9 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 5
There are so many levels planned that keeping the difficulty consistently rising would be either impossible or require the player being greeted by a dozen Fusion Hulks at the start of the level in the later ones, so that doesn't really matter All that matters is that the level is a piece of great work. I'll work on mine some more, but it's gonna take me a longer while.
Xfing
Xfing
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123456